Tuesday, April 23, 2013

It's Not the End

Sometimes, I realize that I'm not the only one.

My friend sits next to me and I unknowingly start to pass notes with her and she's overly cheerful and I don't know what's going on and she passes a letter to me that is also super cheerful but right now she can't hide anything and her eyes are filling with tears and I've seen that look before.

Stop, she writes when I try to cheer her up. You're going to make me cry.

Of course, that's when the tears start.

Just a few, and she's not even shaking as she wipes them away, but I am sitting there not knowing what to do because I used to be the one who sat there crying. 

I am going to get up to my teacher and ask him if she and I can leave and talk it out, but we're doing important stuff and she doesn't want anybody to know, probably.

So I do what I can, and I tell her to smile, but she says she just can't anymore, and sometimes people break your heart.

But there's a quote I found today. You can see it to the right. 

I'm just hoping for one more day, to peel back the blue and show her the stars.

No comments: