Tuesday, May 28, 2013

"No! I mean ... Yes? Let Me Think!"

So I went to the rec center tonight and I ran a total of 9 laps, which according to the guy behind the desk is 1.5 miles, but I seriously DO NOT believe that, because the track is WAY bigger than that. So it was probably 2. At least. -_- If I ever get a job at a rec center I will get the facts straight. Or I'll ask a new person next week.

Anyway, once my family was finished, we went outside ... to find a pleasant surprise ... IT'S RAINING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

And the reason for all those exclamation points is that all the dots you see? Those are the number of raindrops that hit any given point on your body in the space of a second, and the straight lines are how fast they fall per millisecond, because it is seriously raining raining raining out of the sky right now.

Yes. This much.
Which just goes to show that you can't give up, because earlier I was thinking that the sky even gave up on crying because I was kinda depressed ... but then I smile my face off because the sky didn't. It was just waiting it out, because it's the moment after you decide not to give up that the miracle happens.

Haha, and the next song that comes on Pandora is You Can by David Archuleta. 

And so I'm thinking about Seattle right now. Both the place and the person. This past week {I'll probably explain this someday} has been really awesome in terms of Seattle, but lately he's been kind of acting like things haven't happened. Don't worry, I'm not 16 yet and nothing REALLY crazy has happened. 

But my sister was like "If you love rain so much then move to Seattle!"

To which I said the title. Except for that last sentence, which is what I thought, and what I think when things like this happen. Like dreams come true ... like Seattle the person and Seattle the place.

Oh, but sometimes you can't think, because it's raining so hard and it's so beautiful and I'm just sitting here remembering how I was out in it for a total of about 15 seconds today but I got soaked to the skin, but it's like the hardest rain I've ever ever ever ever been in and the best. 

And I'm thinking about Seattle too, the person, and I'm thinking does it matter about the future when you have the past? Sometimes all you have to do is say.

No comments: